2012 Mustang Cobra Jet
<![CDATA[Mustang Blog - Blogs and News]]>
Newly Available for 2012 Model Year:
- Revised 5.4L supercharged engine different specifications/rating than 2008/2010 model
- Aluminum engine block
- Double keyed crankshaft snout
- Manley H-beam rods
- Improved low-drag racing brakes Strange Engineering
- Improved rear suspension w/revised rear upper control arm and lower control arm mounts
- Revised and optimized spring rates front and rear
- New design black anodized Cobra Jet wheels Weld Racing
- Goodyear tires all new DR compound Cobra Jet branded
- Brake pedal 2-step switch (micro)
- Optional colors Race Red, Grabber Blue, and Winner White no additional charge
- 430hp 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine (aluminum block)
- 2.3L TVS Supercharger with twin 65mm dual bore throttle body
- 3-Speed C4 Auto Race Transmission Joels on Joy
- 9″ rear axle w/4.29:1 Axle Ratio Strange Engineering
- NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
- 8.50et NHRA certified roll cage
- Estimated weight of 3,200 lbs
- Cobra Jet trim and appearance package
- Drag race wheel/tire combination (Rear Tire 30.0 x 9.0)
- Cobra Jet spring/adjustable damper tuning
- Light-weight, low-drag brakes (manual)
- Red (M-FR500-CJ12R)
- Grabber Blue (M-FR500-CJ12B)
- Winner White (M-FR500-CJ12W)
Optional Graphics Package:
- MSRP: $1,995.00
- Includes: Powered-By-Ford fender emblems, Sweeping Snake side graphics, 5.4 Cobra Jet hood graphics, Ford Racing windshield header decal, Ford oval front fascia decals, Ford oval license plate decal, FR500CJ decklid decal.
- Optional graphics may be unique to Cobra Jet body color.
Optional 4.0L Supercharger upgrade M-6066-SCJ:
- MSRP: $9,995.00
- Step up to the most powerful combination in NHRA Super Stock. The 500hp 4.0L supercharged 2010 Cobra Jet has delivered mid-8 ets, Class champions, divisional race winners and national records all in its first year on track!
- Ford Racing offers their exclusive upgrade kit to the base 2012 Cobra Jet for the racer looking to perform at the highest levels of NHRA Super Stock Competition.
- Kit includes supercharger, billet throttle-body, complete inlet system with 140mm billet mass-air housing, installation instructions, and exclusive Ford Racing race-ready calibration.
- Final horsepower rating TBD, rating will differ from 500hp 2010 model.
- 4.0L Supercharger upgrade is delivered separately and must be installed by the end user.
This story originally appeared at Mustang Blog]]> Mon, 29 Nov 2010
The lucky few who purchase a 2012 Boss Mustang--and from what we've heard, it will be few--will also get the chance to participate in the Boss Track Attack program. This program will be offered by Team Mustang and Ford Racing, and it the main portion of the event will be complimentary to those who buy a Boss 302.
The program features what Ford calls "Boss immersion" along with driving instruction and track time. For those wondering what immersion is, it is essentially a presentation that Ford will give the night before, explaining the car's backstory.
The event will take place at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah. Ford will use both 2012 Boss Mustang and Mustang School vehicles as part of the event. Exact details--such as the date--are pending and will be revealed early next year, but owners will need to arrange and pay for their own travel and lodging. However, once participants arrive in Utah, the track event, including the cars used, will be compliments of Ford.